The former Douglas National School. This was one of six national schools built by Fr. Tom Lawlor, Parish Priest of Killorglin 1884-1916. The school as can be seen in the photo has fallen into disrepair due to the ravages of time and neglect. Note the old letterbox on the corner wall of the school. This interesting artifact on the corner of the front wall of the school has seen better days. It would have been put in place during the reign of Edward VII. It is a remnant of the Empire. They were always painted red but following Ireland’s Independence in 1922 they were painted green. 2014 Ref: Sc088
Annette Corkery & Patrick Freeman Outside Mangans Shop Main Street Ref: F225
Bill Maye & Mary (Coleman) Maye on their wedding day 4th October 1947. L-R Thomas Frances Maye & Mary (Molly) Maye (Waterford), Bill Maye,...
Donal Mangan, Brendan Kelly and Sylvester Cronin, Paud O'Neill's, circa early 1990's. Ref No: F100