Here’ s an interesting photo taken in the 1960’s outside Scoil Mhuire , Sunhill with the boys from the school pictured by the newly built Marian grotto . The school , one of six , built in the late 1880’s by the then Parish Priest , Fr. Tom Lawlor. Fr. Lawlor was the priest who spearheaded the building of St. James’s church which was dedicated and opened on the 3rd May 1891.
Teachers of Scoil Mhuire (L-R) , Michael O” Donoghue , Kitty Logue , Tadhg Connor , Liam Foley.
Scoil Mhuire new school around 1980’s