In 1911 a clerk from the Provincial Bank in Tralee came to Killorglin one day a week where the Bank administrated a Sub-Branch from a ground floor room in Taylor’s Hotel (opposite). During the First World War the boom in agriculture saw the Killorglin branch expand to a full (5 day) banking facility in November 1917, which continued to operate from Taylor’s until 1925.
In that year the bank purchased three small houses – Kelliher’s, O’Mahony’s & Houlihan’s – on the corner of Lower Bridge Street/New Line. William Clifford-Smith, a Limerick architect, designed the new building, which was completed by a Limerick contractor in 1926. Frederick Knott, the first branch manager, worked on the ground floor and resided on the upper floor.
In 1966 the Munster & Leinster Bank, the Royal Bank and the Provincial Bank merged to form Allied Irish Bank. Early in the 21st century (200x) AIB purchased the disused Oisín Dance Hall on Iveragh Road as the site of their new branch.