The former Douglas National School, 2014

Posted by on Sep 12, 2014 in School | Comments Off

The former Douglas National School. This was one of six national schools built by Fr. Tom Lawlor, Parish Priest of Killorglin 1884-1916. The school as can be seen in the photo has fell into disrepair due to ravages of time and neglect. Note the old letterbox  on the corner wall of the school, 2014.

Ref: Sc087